Friday, December 27, 2013

Is this thing on? [UPDATE: YES IT IS.]

So, that was an extended break from updating the old website here. I'll give you an update of where I'm at, and what I've been doing.

- I was in Auburn, Ala., for this year's Iron Bowl. And, for The Classical, here's my dispatch from one of the craziest sports-things I've ever seen.

- Also, since we last spoke, I've become editor of Packerland Pride magazine and curator of its website, packerlandpride.com.

There you can find selected stories from each issue of the magazine -- we've been around since August -- as well as game previews I've been writing throughout the season.

For the sake of catching up, here are a few pieces I've done for the magazine.

- I traced the Packers' radio and television presence through history, and made the case that hometown radio teams will always be relevant because they're fans too.

- I chronicled the Packers' long lineage of great wide receivers, basically from the team's start.

- As former Packers linebacker Dave Robinson was set to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, I spoke with him about his career in Green Bay and more.

Packerland Pride is a fan-focused magazine at heart, and here are three features I did on the incredible things Packers fans do:

- This is on Patti Schroeder, who turned her barn into a memorable billboard during the tumultuous Packers/Brett Favre saga a few years ago.

- On a group from Wausau, Wis., and their longtime tailgating traditions which also serve as perfect ways to showcase Wisconsin hospitality at its finest.

- And, after the highly-controversial Fail Mary against the Seattle Seahawks in 2012, on how a small T-shirt company made up of friends in Iola, Wis., turned the misfortune into a great way to vent, which turned into the best business decision they could've made.

That's sort of caught up, for now, and I'll be back to update again after the January issue is released. Thanks, as ever, for reading, and feel free to email me at anytime at griffingotta [at] gmail [dot] com.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment