Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gus Malzahn: QB whisperer; SB Nation football stuff

My big story this week for the Auburn Villager was a look at new Tigers head coach Gus Malzahn and how, save for a few interesting situations, he has basically made every college quarterback he's coached thus far a whole lot better in his first season with them. When he and Cam Newton joined forces it was just plain silly.

- Here's the link.


Elsewhere, wanted to post some recent stuff I've been doing for SB Nation.

- When Jermichael Finley said recently he wouldn't take a pay cut with the Packers this season, I wrote why that wasn't a big deal, since both sides are treating it as a bottom-line business decision.

- After the NFL Combine, I wrote about Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden, just happy to be there after surviving a freak, near-fatal injury on the practice field.

- Last but not least and most sad, I wrote Charles Woodson's free agency profile. I only cried through 78 percent of it.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment